Olive oil not only is an excellent cooking ingredient, but also has several benefits for our health,
if used in parallel to a balanced and healthy diet, due tothe fact it contains monounsaturated fats,
anti-oxidants and isrich in polyphenols.Several studies have shown that the consumption of olive oil may:
- Help our cardiovascular system by lowering the levels of “bad” cholesterol (Low Density Lipoprotein / LDL). Lowering LDL can reduce the chances of having a stroke or a heart attack.
- Increase the likelihood of preventing certain types of cancer such as breast, colorectal and skin cancer.
- Help our cognitive function. The consumption of highest amount of monounsaturated fats can help decrease cognitive decline that is associated with aging.
- Prevent oxidative damage. Olive oil is rich in polyphenols, which are components that have antioxidant activity and contribute to the protection of blood lipids from oxidative stress.
- Help in the prevention of osteoporosis. High consumption of olive oil seems to improve calcium absorption and calcification.
- Prevent the appearance of type II diabetes by improving blood sugar levels, insulin resistance and blood lipid levels.
- Help to maintain our skin’s health. Olive oil helps to maintain skin elasticity, fights aging signs and may help in fighting acne and other skin conditions.